Friday, February 25, 2011

Art Jewelry

http://www.klimt02.net/jewellers/index.php?item_id=708

I founSari Liimatta on the klimt02 website. She stuck out to me as an art jeweler because of her message, her artist statement for this group of work was:


 "My work tells about people and other animals.
The forests. And cities. To travel, to see the distance. I need to feel the movement but also to be able to stop, to pause. We all need space, and we all need a place."

I thought this was interesting, especially if you take a look at the link to the rest of her work which consists of intricate pendants and sculptures. This specific piece is a plastic horse that has been warped into a dynamic bracelet. Her statement also means her work is communicating a specific idea, which is classified as art jewelry and was probably shown in a gallery or show. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love this mini sculpture! Defiantly a statement piece if you were to actually wear it! HA... I think it would be so neat on a shelf... Also I love how you told us what she is inspired by. I love know others inspiration! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the artist is really interesting. I looked at the images on the link you posted and was really delighted by her work- that girl knows how to push some boundaries! All of her stuff is so unexpected! Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That piece is crazy! I can't imagine someone wearing that. I don't even know how it would work. I love her other work as well. They are so detailed.

    ReplyDelete